- FEDASIL is the Federal Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers in Belgium. Before receiving refugee status, this institution provides documents which give you the right to register to several language courses free of charge.
- The Agency for Integration and Civic Integration (AgII) is the public integration agency in Flanders. AGII provides support for learning Dutch, courses on integration and provides personal assistance for diploma recognition procedures. Integration certificate is a condition before applying for a citizenship at a later stage.
- OCMW (Public centre for social welfare) is mainly providing social support to residents in the municipalities or cities of Flanders. Their employment department may provide some level of assistance in the search for a job, study or a training. They may also provide financial support (leefloon) based on certain conditions in order to get you to the labour market as quickly as possible.
- SYNTRA provides vocational trainings in 22 campuses in Flanders and Brussels. Their trainings can also be reimbursed by VDAB.
Flemish Interuuniversity Council, VLUHR. For examples of university initiatives, see under "Examples from Flemish HEIs" or "Funding sources, job and training opportunities"
Employment outside academia
- The webpage for highly educated non-native Dutch speakers, regardless of the country of origin. The website explains all the steps about language support, diploma equivalences, finding a job and studying. It also provides a link to make an appointment with a VDAB representative.