Stay in the loop! Subscribe to our mailing list

Recognition and validation of previous studies

The Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) assesses foreign qualifications. Only complete degrees are validated, meaning that interrupted studies from home country cannot be validated. Through the online Quality Assessment Tool (available in Swedish only) it is possible to get an immediate response compring a foreign qualification to Swedish and indicating its equivalent in the Swedish framework. To complete studies in Sweden, one should contact the Swedish HEI where they are interested in continuing studies  and ask for all the information on applying for a study programme and transfer of credits . In case of lacking documentation special rules apply.

See more information about the assessment and specific regulations for different countries here.