Date/Time: 4 September 2020, 15.00-16.00 CEST
The main goals of the event:
- Share concrete examples of how the target group can obtain support for their research in and outside of academia: what works, what doesn’t work?
- Discuss challenges (short and long-term) and potential ways to overcome them: what is needed (beyond funding)?
- Propose potential actions and initiatives at national and European level that could help researchers and organisations/institutions willing to support them: how to cooperate?
- Reflect on “alternative” pathways and support for the target group beyond the “mainstream” support structures: small-scale actions that count?
- Melike Riollet, Association Bernard Gregory (ABG)
French research labour market landscape & available support for researchers with international/refugee background for their transition to non-academic careers
- Mathieu Schneider, University of Strasbourg/MEnS network
French HEIs in support of researchers with refugee background/at risk – from academic to practical and administrative matters (national and institutional)
- Mohammed Meri, University of Strasbourg
Succeeding as a researcher in France: support in place and further support needed