Stay in the loop! Subscribe to our mailing list
This book challenges learning and teaching in higher education with an original change approach entitled the Self-Organizing University (SOU). It assists universities in building a comprehensive model of learning and teaching at whole-of-organization scale.
The chapters demonstrate how a Self-Organizing University can create:
• measurable learning and teaching standards;
• student centered program development;
• enhanced faculty professional growth and career trajectory;
• more efficient and effective organizational design;
• better feedback;
• powerful use of technologies;
• a legitimate connection between quality and productivity.
Each chapter includes case examples derived from practical experience that situate the key ideas and concepts in the real day-to-day work of universities. The role of leadership in creating and sustaining a self-organizing university is also a key focus. The chapters target leadership practices that improve learning and teaching quality and productivity and assist universities realize their goals and aspirations for maximizing student learning.