The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) is pleased to inform that the call for applications within The Ulam Programme has just opened. Scientists from all over the world representing all scientific disciplines are invited to submit their proposals. The call for proposals is open from 22 January to 23 April 2019.
Who is entitled to file an application?
A proposal may be submitted only by a person who:
- does not hold Polish citizenship, except for persons who are Polish citizens and whose full cycle of doctoral studies has been financed by the Polish government;
- is employed at a foreign HEI/research centre or has just defended his/her PhD dissertation or has just completed his/her previous postdoctoral fellowship.
Which activities are covered by the Programme?
- Completing the first or subsequent postdoctoral fellowship(s);
- conducting scientific research, including in cooperation with Polish scientists or research teams;
- obtaining materials for research or a scientific publication;
- teaching at a host institution.
Why The Ulam Programme?
- Vibrant and fast developing research environment fitting the needs of young post-docs;
- one of the top 10 countries qualified as “rising stars in science” by Nature magazine (2016);
- 82 Polish universities and research institutions awarded by HR Excellence in Research by the European Commission;
- one of the leaders in scientific publications in Eastern Europe.
Visits under the Programme can last from 6 to 24 months. The Programme provides financing for a scholarship that covers the beneficiary’s living costs amounting to approximately EUR 2 400 per month, along with a mobility allowance. Funds are available for fellows to start anytime between 1 October 2019 and 31 May 2020.
For more inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information here