c) Social inclusion and common values: the contribution in the field of education and training
This call for proposals will support transnational cooperation projects in the fields of education and training.
Projects should aim at:
1. Disseminating and/or scaling up good practices on inclusive learning and on promoting common values initiated in particular at local level. In the context of the present call, scaling up means replicating good practice on a wider scale/transferring it to a different context or implementing it at a higher/systemic level;
2. Developing and implementing innovative methods and practices to foster inclusive education and promote common values.
Proposals should focus on one of the following specific objectives:
- Enhancing the acquisition of social and civic competences, fostering knowledge, understanding and ownership of values and fundamental rights;
• Promoting inclusive education and training and fostering the education of disadvantaged learners, including through supporting educational staff in addressing diversity and reinforcing diversity among education staff;
• Enhancing critical thinking and media literacy among learners, parents and educational staff;
• Supporting the inclusion of newly arrived migrants in good quality education, including by assessing knowledge and validating prior learning;
• Fostering digital skills and competences of digitally excluded groups (including older people, and young people from migrant and disadvantaged backgrounds) though partnerships between schools, business and the non-formal sector, including public libraries.
Projects are encouraged to involve role models in their activities, where appropriate.
Cross-sector approaches are encouraged with a view to exploring synergies between education, training, youth, culture and sport. Synergies with other projects are encouraged, including on-going or completed European projects on citizenship education and engagement and intercultural understanding, projects supported through the joint EU-Council of Europe schemes “Human Rights and Democracy in action” and “Democratic and inclusive school culture in operation (DISCO)”, as well as activities supported by the Asylum Migration and Integration Fund and the Internal Security Fund.