Stay in the loop! Subscribe to our mailing list

Czech Erasmus+ projects in times of coronavirus

Currently, the Czech universities are preparing the mobilities for the upcoming semester. Based on the information provided by the institutions, planned trips are being cancelled in only about 10-20 % of cases. All Czech universities are planning to admit foreign students within the Erasmus+ programme in standard mode in autumn; nonetheless, universities are ready to switch to online mode immediately if the situation requires it.

The spread of the Covid-19 epidemic in spring 2020 affected nearly 5,000 Erasmus+ mobilities participants from the Czech Republic. According to the survey conducted by DZS in April 2020, two thirds of them continued their programme online. 59 % returned to the Czech Republic and continued their studies or internships from home, the remaining 41 % decided to stay abroad.