This call is meant to facilitate trans-national co-operation between European and national initiatives and programs in support of researchers at risk, with a view to identifying and sharing good practices and raising the general standard of support to applicants, taking into account the diversity of actors. Funding will be given to a consortium of organisations with:
1. experiences in supporting researchers at risk
2. knowledge of related European and national R&I funding programmes.
“Researchers at risk” refers to researchers who are either at risk in their origin countries (due to discrimination, persecution, suffering and/or violence), or are seeking refuge out of these reasons or have recently found refuge in Europe.The consortium should build up cooperation with other related networks and increase visibility of these R&I programmes to potential beneficiaries, especially in the non-academic sector. Therefore, particular focus should also be given to training schemes for researchers at risk.
The following activities should inter alia be envisaged in order to address these goals:
- Explore available national and European R&I programmes for researchers at risk and produce targeted guidance materials;
- Training and guidance for the application process for the MSCA and other relevant support programmes;
- Support for career development for researchers at risk, in the academic and non-academic sector;
- Awareness-raising about funding and support opportunities among stakeholders in Europe through workshops and training seminars;
- Examine or run test-cases of supporting the integration of researchers at risk in relation to their individual academic backgrounds and their professional careers.
Deadline: 4 December 2018 (17:00:00 Brussels time)
Budget: EUR 1.5 million